You can customize how, when, and to whom you display your Feedback campaigns by configuring up custom Triggers conditions for your feedback campaigns.
To begin, navigate to the Feedback section of your domain project and select the feedback campaign you want to configure the custom trigger conditions for.
Then, select the Triggers panel:
Note: You can change the trigger conditions at any time without having to recreate a new Feedback Campaign
Next, select the conditions you want the Feedback Campaign to show for your website visitors
This page allows you to customize the triggers for your feedback campaign. You can choose from eight different options:
- Page load: Show the campaign as soon as your page finishes loading.
- Delay (10s): Show the campaign ten seconds after your page finishes loading.
- 50% Scroll: Show the campaign once the user has scrolled halfway down the page.
- Inactivity: Show the campaign when the user has remained inactive for thirty seconds.
- Mouse leaves page: Show the campaign when the user moves their mouse away from the page.
- Click rage: Show the campaign when click rage is detected (rapid series of clicks indicating user frustration).
- Manual: Allows you to define your own trigger for the campaign through a custom code solution.
Here you can select how often your campaign will be shown to the same unique user. You have two options here:
- Show once per visit: Once a user has successfully answered the campaign, it will be hidden for the rest of the visit. If the same user visits your site the next day, they will see the campaign once more.
- Show once per user: Once a user has successfully answered the campaign, the campaign will be hidden for that user, even on repeat visits.
Here you can select if you want your campaign to appear on all pages of your website or a specific subset of pages. By default, 'All Pages' is selected. When toggling the option to 'Some pages', additional fields will show up where you can add one or more filters:
- Equals: The "Equals" filter will set the campaign to only load on pages that fully match the URL path you input in the field. Mouseflow will automatically detect any valid URL paths on your page and display them in a dropdown menu once the field is selected.
- Starts with: The "Starts with" filter will set the campaign to only load on pages whose URL path starts with the same path you specified in the field. Ends with: The "Ends with" filter will set the campaign to only load on pages whose URL path ends with the same URL path you specified in the field.
- Regular Expression: The "Regular expression" filter allows you to input a regular expression and use that to find pages on your website that match the regular expression and only show your campaign on those pages.
This allows you to toggle whether your campaign will appear to all visitors or target a specific user segment. First, you choose whether you want to show your campaign to "All visitors" or "Some visitors". If you choose "Some visitors", some additional fields will show up - you can use these to add one or more filters to define a segment of your user base. The available filters are explained below:
- Language: The language filter allows you to only show your campaign to users who have the selected language as their system language on the device they are browsing your site on.
- Visitor Type: The visitor type filter allows you to select if you want to show your campaign only to first-time visitors or returning visitors.
- Device Type: The device type filter allows you to select if you want to only show your campaign to users browsing from a specific device type - either phone, tablet, or desktop.
Lastly, save your changes.